Tuesday 8 April 2008

S is for Sign Language

Today I worked my arse off, writing a whole article all in one day. I was determined to finish at 3.30pm to claim my reward. Chocolate? No. Trashy mags? Nup. Facial? Nuh-uh. (Although God knows I need one BADLY.)

My reward, was a viewing of Monkey! I was SO excited. I remember sitting in that exact same spot almost a year ago, waiting to get a lining ultrasound, to get the go-ahead to start fertility treatment. I ached, (as I had for the past four years) wondering if it all would work; wondering if I would ever get the chance to come back for an obstetric ultrasound.

So you can imagine my disappointment at the very hurried, dismissive technician who did the scan. Lying there, she just clicked and zoomed so quickly, and silently. I couldn't make out anything at all on the screen - there was no chance of finding out the sex, even if I wanted too! Is Monkey ok? "Yes." Is that the cord? "Yes." Does everything seem ok? "I don't know yet, I haven't measured the baby's head." COW.

She did tell me that Monkey is measuring a week ahead! Gettin bigger every day! I thought she redeemed herself at the end, by offering to burn all the pics to disc. I raced home, and out of around 50 pics, there's two where you can actually make something out. Maybe she was having an off day. Maybe I should just shut the f*ck, I'm pregnant already so just be grateful. But you'd think that she could spend an extra 30 seconds to try to take a nice pic.

So here's the two. The first one is kinda cool .... if you tilt your head to the right, you can see Monkeys face profile -

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*





This second one is Monkeys hand -



Can you see it? Clear as day ..... Monkey is holding up a thumb and index finger. In the shape of an 'L' .... aka Ace Ventura. Monkey is calling the ultrasound technician a loser. That's my baby.

xoxoxoxox

6 comments:

Gemini Girl said...

I can see him! I hateddddddddddd the techs who rushed through. I mean its not as if you get to see the baby every day. I guess theyt do it so much, that they are disconnected from it all. Asses.
Of course, I would always say "lets get a good picture". Most of the time they were nice, other times they would say"we have a bunch of people in the waiting room". Asses.

*note how I said he- as in, your having a boy* which means I will win the proze. Unless its a girl, although I should still win. I love prizes.*

AwkwardMoments said...

I see monkey!!! what a beauty!!

I am so glad the scan was done- sorry it was so rushed!

Chastity said...

OK, it's definitely a girl. Only a female would make the "loser" sign!

Dr. Grumbles said...

Looo-SER!

ROFL

Amanda said...

Monkey got it right about the tech!

What beautiful pics and congrats on everything being wonderful!

Geohde said...

Nothing worse that a tech like that. Don't they get the reason for the scan was so that you could SEE monkey?

Urgh...

J